Tuesday, October 6, 2026

The Voice Season 30: Night 5 of the Blinds and I Pull Up in a Yukon

Night 5:

Brandon Diaz sang Drink You Away by Justin Timberlake-- Amazing song choice, tight vocals, and originality, love him. Kelly and Queen turned. I am disappointed that Adam didn't. I expected Riley not to turn. Kelly said vocally you're insane. You're talented and soulful. Adam said I made a mistake. His wife Jackie Foster was on Team Kelly and Team Adam. Queen said he feels my strength and wants to be on my team. Brandon chose Queen cause she turned first. 



Marilyn Hucek sang La Tortura by Shakira-- I loved the song choice and I loved the performance. Queen and Adam turned. Kelly said she didn't turn cause she kinda sounded like Shakira. Adam said I am a fan, Shakira is a difficult artist to cover, that was a breath of fresh air. He mentioned her power and connection. Queen said I loved how you did the passion your way. Marilyn chose Adam, I had a feeling she was going to choose him. 



Keiyana Osmond sang Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer-- She really took the song in a different direction and it seemed to intrigue Riley. He liked that she sang in her lower register. He was the only one to turn so she is on Team Riley. 



Dakota Cohen sang Changes by Black Sabbath-- That was an interesting performance, I'm intrigued and want to hear more. Adam said the song choice said so much for me. Kelly loved the rasp in her voice. Adam brought up Miley's voice and she was excited about that. Dakota met Adam at a restaurant in Montecito. Dakota chose Adam. 



Luke Cope sang Burning House by Cam-- Wow! That was raw and authentic. I was digging that. Riley said you nailed that at the end for me. There were some tempo issues. Kelly said I loved the emotion. Adam said when I listen to people, there's the technical side of me that wants to hear things in the perfect pocket. Adam said you really grabbed ahold of the other side of me, the emotion. What you do at the core is extremely unique and special, and I believe you have that in spades. Queen said you brought me where I needed to go. She said I want to feel moved and you moved me. Luke chose Queen.



Nina Howland sang Love Me Like a Man by Bonnie Raitt-- Nina is honestly one of my fave auditions ever. Her performance was absolute fire. I loved the song, she is a technically flawless vocal. Kelly turned first, then Queen, Riley, and Adam turned right at the end. Kelly says that is her fave Bonnie Raitt song and she makes her pitch for Nina. Adam says she has a big and beautiful voice and he was won with people like that. He tells her to choose Team Adam. Queen says she believed Nina. Nina chose Kelly. 



Luke Curran sang Operator (That's Not the Way it Feels) by Jim Croce-- I see Luke as a country/ rock artist. His voice has an ease to it. Catchy song choice! Riley turned and then Adam. Adam said I love your voice and that you chose that song. Adam said what you are doing is not pure country, there is some folk, Riley said he turned first, I love storytelling and you told a story. Luke said I'm a day one voice fan, so I gotta go with Adam. 


Matthew Chu sang Home by Chris Daughtry-- Alright, I thought there were some issues throughout the performance but I think he will benefit by Kelly's coaching. Kelly said I have covered that song and it's a rangey song. The fact that you were bold enough to do it made me turn. Matthew is on Team Kelly. 

Raymn sang Yukon by Justin Bieber-- no one turned. I love his vibe. Obsessed. Kelly, Queen, and Adam all said that they regretted not turning. 

Brandy Neelly sang Lesson in Leavin' Jo Dee Messina-- I have to be honest, I did not love the song. The performance was pretty good. Riley said you sounded unique, the best you can be is different. Queen you said can rock a song like that, your energy is on point. Adam said stand out on Queen's team, rather than the country gauntlet that is Riley's team. I know, you made him a cake but that was a waste of time. Brandy chose Riley. 

Phinley McKee sang Way Down We Go by Kaleo-- No one turned. Kelly said the tone in your voice is incredible. Adam said don't stop, please come back. I agree, he was so good, someone should have turned. Kelly said this was on us. And Adam said we suck.

Kayleigh Mathews sang When I Call Your Name by Vince Gill-- Her voice is beautiful and I believe everything she is singing. Adam was the first to turn. He said I should temper my expectations. He said this show is my world and I'd be honored to be your coach. Queen said I turned because you deserved to have four chairs turn for you. Riley said I loved every bit of that and Vince Gill, you have big shoes to fill. I'd enjoy working with you and I think we could do something great. Kelly said I did a duet with Vince Gill. I come back to the show for voices like yours. Kayleigh chose Queen. 






My picks: 
Brandon Diaz
Marilyn Hucek
Nina Howland
Luke Curran



 

No comments: