Monday, October 8, 2007

cleaning your clothes the new fashioned way?

On another night out with a group of my friends, we began discussing our college days. Now college kids have been back in school for a solid six weeks now, so they are settling in to a routine of some sorts hopefully as well as feeling overwhelmed and busy. Some students, especially the ones who also work (I worked) are so busy that they find it difficult to do certain things like.............. cook dinner, do laundry, and have a social life. Of course, we talked about how college kids have this notorious association with Ramen noodles, come on, they're 8 for a $1.00, why wouldn't students buy them. Students will also do things like go to Applebee's for half price appetizer night and fill up on nachos, boneless buffalo wings, and mozzarella sticks. Then there are the bars students go to that offer $1.00 drafts and $5.00 appetizers kind of like an "all you can drink and all you can eat" affair. The most strange thing I heard that night was from a friend who told me that she knew a student who used to "febreze" their clothing instead of washing their clothing. Ok, now I have heard of washing your clothing and then "febrezing", but for goodness sakes, not just "febrezing". I want to state just for the record how much I love febreze, it smells good, but it is not laundry detergent, and I am sure the lovely people who make febreze would agree with that and encourage people not to "febreze wash" their clothes. As for being so busy that a student cannot balance a social life I will discuss this in another entry as well as tell you how it only gets worse after you graduate from college and cite examples.

No comments: